
I tried to leap out of bed but my best efforts were ineffective. A sharp pain triggered down my left hamstring and I thought to myself, "it had to be the strenuous training yesterday!" I grimaced in pain recalling the ten rounds of non-stop jogging we did around the field and sprints. As you know i hate fitness training evident from my blog archive. I hobbled along towards the toilet to complete my daily routine of brushing teeth and having a warm shower. After that i somehow managed to hop on one leg down the spiral staircase to put on my socks and rugged brown shoes.
Just as i thought it could not get any worse, i had a glimpse of my time-table and saw that we had PE today. What a day to have PE!
"Couldn't it just be on another day!" I thought to myself, limping on my way out of the house. I knew we were going to do the usual start of the year dreaded 2.4km run and i was in no fit condition with my left hamstring like that. I just had to explain to my PE teacher that was impossible for me to participate in the run due to my injury. "But, would he believe it?" I questioned myself. No surprises, my thick head pointed out to me, "no way! There's no
Medical Certificate!" I remained doubtful about my plan going through.
When I reached school, i realised all my soccer friends were in pain as well. We decided that we go as a group and explain to the PE teacher our injuries. As the quote goes, a small plan made is better than a big plan planned. Although it was not much of a small plan, all of the soccer boys persevered by running the 2.4km including me. We did not even ask the teacher to excuse us unlike in the plan we hatched. However, we did know what was installed for us. Getting back to class was a chore as we had to limp up the
staircases. Just as we thought entering class was like heaven as we could sit down and have a rest, we discovered that it was harder to sit than to stand. We realised that our hamstrings were further aggrevated after the lengthy run. I just could not take my mind of the pain as it was kind of excruciating, maybe i am exaggerating but it was indeed no small matter. Anyway that was my injury packed day and I wish i would never ever have to go through that again!
