Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A fanatic or a lunatic(pls mark)



Many people in the hugely populated world when asked whether they eat to live or live to eat, they come out with their differnet and interesting opinions. My answer to this question is simply eat to live, full stop! However, evident from my blog archive, I love Manchester United and i live to watch the club play. I probably cannot describe to you my affection for the club. Being a die-hard is unbelievable but it also can be quite upsetting as well. For an example, whenever Manu(Manchester united) come out at the wrong end of the result, a gut-wrenching will wriggle up and cause frustration If you do not believe, just ask Darren Chong, another fanatic of Manchester United in my vibrant class.


However, a die-hard does not always have gloomy days. Stepping on the perfect dark green pitch of Old Trafford, the stadium of Manchester United was an honour as well as a privilege while I was on a tour around the enormous 67,000 seater structure. This occured when I was barely eight years old. The following day, my parents and I went to watch a match between Manu and Chelsea. Before the match, the players admired as idols arrived in their fashionable soprts cars, blasting their music. I even got an autograph of one of my favourite players then, Ryan Giggs. However the event that made my day was being able to catch glimpses of my favorite players running from end to end in the field during the captivating match. The atmosphere was magnificent, many were on their feet and i just at a height of 1.4m, was not really able to watch the fast flowing play.

The match was fantastic and the final score was 3-3. Although Manu did not come out victorious, i had a memorable time which will always stay with me for the rest of my life. My unforgettable trip to Old Trafford!